Wednesday, July 10, 2013

PSA My Posts Are About Me

Sometimes I forget that people who post threads, tweets, and blogs are not talking about me. Sometimes I feel emotional about a vent or information. I suppose that is just how humans are wired. My point is that I make a conscious effort to step away from my feelings as often as possible, process why I feel that way about what someone else has written, and then move on.  I have to remember that your tweets, blogs, and threads are about you and mine are about me.

Usually a vent is only a vent and information is only information.We all judge instinctively, our ancestors used this skill in order to survive, which may be why we sometimes feel poorly even when we have done nothing wrong or harmful. It is when the judging or venting goes to a place of name calling or general rudeness that we have an issue. I try not to go there. I am honest and blunt, though. (Just an FYI for those who do not know me in real life. That IS the way I am wired.) Also, I am at a place in my life where I don't care much about what others think of me.

I hope you all realize that my posts are about me, not you. If something hits you in your core please take time to figure out why. Chances are I am not concerned with you at all, but rather letting off steam so I can let go of my stress and move on with life. This is one way I am able to be a better mom, wife, and employee.

Much love to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment