Friday, March 8, 2013

Homeschooling, Field Trips, and Life in General

I have had very little extra time to be online attending to me social media accounts. So  here is a quick update. I appreciate all of the support from family and friends by the way even though I have been so busy.

Homeschooling is going very well. Many of you know that we do a mix of home and unschooling. We have enjoyed field trips to wildlife sanctuaries, restaurants, parks, and the library. We have proven Charles' Law with marshmallows and the microwave. We made ice cream in a bag and tried different techniques to see which worked best. We finished working through our social studies and science books and are now trying out experiments that we are interested in doing. I think int eh next week I will make a scientist's closet in our home so they can invent whatever they want as well.

My son had a lot of behavior issues as an infant and toddler, but has shown improvement int he past 6-9 months. He has regressed a bit here r there as well. As always, sensory issues are challenging and not predicable in every situation. My daughters have been patient, kind, and helpful when issues arise.


We are planning an ocean themed birthday party for one of my daughters. She is very excited to help plan and shop for supplies. We are going to use a kiddie pool and play sand as an island with buried treasure. I found some beaded necklaces at the store and we are going to try and find some "pirate's gold" as well to bury. There are many more ideas, too many to list, for activities as well.

We are looking forward to more fun and adventure as the school year continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment