Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Success

I know this may seem silly to some, but if you have been following the issues my son has then you will understand. Today we had our weekly sitter visit. We went to the free movie with all three kids. I am used to going by myself so this was a great break.

Ez never wants  to interact with anyone other than me, but recently began playing  game with the sitter during her time with us. When we got to the theater today he surprised the sitter and I again. I had to use the bathroom and asked him to come with me. He said no. I asked him if he wanted to stay with our lovely sitter or go to the bathroom with me. He said stay. Not only that, but he did not get upset for the five minutes I was gone nor did he give her a hard time.

I found myself day dreaming of date nights and exercise at a gym while in the restroom..then I realized that this situation took six months and I should probably hold on to those dreams but be realistic. It may be some time before I get to be away from my son for more than five minutes. That is okay, I will take those five calm and quiet minutes in the bathroom at the theater and savor them. Hopefully he will continue to be comfortable with our sitter and feel safe when I am gone knowing I will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment